Return to homepage
|PF Home Care
PF Home Care offers flexible and highly personalised support to people aged 18 years and over. Their aim is to provide the care you need, when you need it, to enable you to live independently in your own home and maintain a positive quality of life. |
These services are provided to older people, people with learning disabilities, physical impairments and/or sensory impairments or those who have been diagnosed with a range of medical conditions including Diabetes, Dementia, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, ME etc.
Support can be funded privately, by using Direct Payments or an Individual Budget and can be provided long term, short term (for example following illness or discharge from hospital) or as respite care when the main carer is unavailable. For PF Home Care - Help with Direct Payments see separate entry.
• personal care (washing, bathing dressing etc)
• Continence and catheter care
• mobility support
• independent living skills
• end of life care
• medication support and support to attend appointments and reviews
• domestic tasks and cleaning
• meal preparation and cooking (including help to develop a nutritional plan if needed)
• support with taking part in social activities
• respite care
• sitting service offering companionship and allow carers to have a break or attend appointments etc. the service can provide resources such as lap tops, digital cameras, CDs and DVDs, all free of charge
• befriending, preventing lonliness and social isolation
• buying equipment and aids
• budgeting support and bill payment
• getting out and about
• gardening - support to find a reliable gardner or assigning staff who are happy to support you in your gardening activities
• can offer home support staff that have their own vehicle for client transport including shopping, day trips and appointments
Staff are experienced in supporting people with extended periods of care, for example 3-4 or 8 hours, and this provides the opportunity for you to access your choice of leisure and social activities in the community, such as concerts, theatre, cinema, luncheon and social clubs, talks, church groups, walks in local parks or Derbyshire, lunch out at cafes and restaurants locally or further afield, Chatsworth, garden centres, outings to National Trust sites or maybe even a trip to the coast. As well as therapeutic programmes, training courses and e-learning opportunities etc.
A detailed support plan, put together by you and your family members or carers (if you wish), will detail what support you need, when you want it and how you want this to be delivered. This will be based on the positive outcomes that you have decided are important to you. This is needed to make sure that your dignity, privacy and individuality are respected and maintained at all times. You can ask for your support to be reviewed at any time in-addition to the regular reviews that take place.
You can expect continuity of care from support staff who have their own transport and are fully trained (statutory and specialist) and have the appropriate skills and knowledge to meet your needs. You will always be introduced to your 'key' staff to discuss your support plan and individual preferences before any care is provided. You can ask to see our staff induction and training files at any time and we are happy for you to be involved in the recruitment and selection of staff if you would like to do this.
• charges start at £14.75 per hour increasing to £15.75 per hour for support including personal care and an extra £2 per hour for support provided between 9pm and 7am and any time at a weekend
• bank holidays are charged at time and a half with the exception of Christmas and New Years day which are charged at double time
• all hourly charges include staff mileage and travel time to and from your home outside of the hour
• mileage incurred for trips out etc is charged at 45 pence per mile
• current charges are for a minimum of one hour and are reviewed annually with 28 days notice
(these charges are provided by PF Home Care, please check them yourself for accuracy).
PF Home Care covers postal districts S6, S7, S10, S11 and S17.
Qualifications & Quality Standards:
Established in 2009 by the owner/manager who has at least 33 years experience in social care in Sheffield including being a manager of a local authority residential care home for young adults with learning disabilities, followed by 9 years as an inspector of care services with the registration and inspection unit in Sheffield and the NSCC, CSCI, CQC.
PF Home Care is registered with and inspected by the CQC and is a member of UKHCA (United Kingdom Home Care Association), SCIE (Social Care Institute of Excellence), NSA (National Skills Academy), Dignity Champions and signed up to the Skills Pledge. All staff are Enhanced CRB checked and receive both statutory and extensive in-house training (including, health & safety, moving & handling, first aid, infection control, risk assessments, safeguarding and COSHH). All staff require 2 written references including one from their last employer. Has Public Liability, Employers' Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance.