Return to homepage
|Clowne Community Care Farm - Promoting Health, Wellbeing and Inclusion
Clowne Community Care Farm offers long and short term work experience placements for adults with mental health issues, learning disabilities, physical impairments and/or sensory impairments, including those in receipt of Direct Payments, working as part of a team on the farm.|
The service also offers support to people from the community who are presently unemployed, this includes young people who are disengaged from education (NEETS) aged 14-18 years, as well as welcoming people who simply want to volunteer.
• The care farm allows people a chance to be part of a real working farm
environment, so no two days are ever quite the same. You could be looking after the chickens, feeding the pigs or cleaning them out, or constructing a new Pig Ark for them. The farm also has a number of large polytunnels that will be used to grow fruit and vegetables which will be sold to the public or to cafes and restaurants. The animals on site will be used for food production and people will get the opportunity to be involved in preparing the animals for sale etc.
The farm also plans to have an on site cafe that members of the public can use should they choose to visit.
Prices for adults to attend the day service start from £5 per hour, £15 per half day session or £25 per full day session.
one to one support can be provided at a cost of £10 per hour.
Transport charges are 40p per mile (these prices are provided by Clowne Community Care Farm, please check them yourself for accuracy).
People in receipt of Direct Payments can negotiate a tailor made package of support for activities offered by the farm. Carers can attend for free with a paying client and should they wish to undertake any work-based learning this can be done on site at a great price and sometimes for FREE.
• The service can provide support for anyone aged 14-18 years who is not in education, employment or training and would like to develop their skills and confidence. This service can last for as long as it takes to support the individual to progress into employment, start an apprenticeship or find further learning opportunities.
The service can offer a variety of workshops and introductory courses, including:
• Maths and English
• Customer service
• Business administration
• Animal care
• Land-based activities
• Horticulture and gardening
• Arts and Crafts
• Adventure activities
Employability support and workshops are also available, including:
Preparing for Work
• Information, advice & guidance
• Help to build self-confidence & self-esteem
• Help with practical issues eg travel, childcare and housing support
• Help being part of your community
• Help with communication
• Life skills
• Careers advice & guidance
Training & Qualifications
• Literacy & numeracy qualifications
• Advice on funding for training
• Vocational courses, accredited training & qualifications (see below)
Work Experience and Volunteering Opportunities
• Volunteering Opportunities
• Work tasters
• Work Experience
• Work Placements
Finding and Applying for Jobs
• Job search & job search methods
• CV/Application form support
• Job matching
• Support to apply for jobs
• Interview techniques
• Support at interview
• Support into self-employment
Prices for attending the day service start from £5 per hour, £15 per half day session or £25 per full day session.
The farm also offers the following training courses:
• Green Skills - a Level 1 course for those aged 16-18 years and thinking of a career in agriculture, animal care or horticulture. The qualification has 3 separate levels, award, certificate & diploma which provide participants with a good basic understanding of the industry and incorporates some basic maths and English skills.
• Entry to Employment - a course for anyone aged 19 years or over, run by Excell For Training, it consists of 60 guided learning hours as well as real hands-on work experience at the farm providing a great basis for finding a job in the competitive employment market. To complete the training you must obtain a minimum of 6 credits from 3 units.
Qualifications & Quality Standards:
Clowne Community Care Farm networks with Excell Home Care Limited a CQC registered care company, Excell For Training Limited, a fully accredited training company and IGB Landlord Limited, supported living provider. All staff are CRB checked and are qualified up to Dr, PMN, RGN, Cert Head, NVQ Level 5 Health & Social Care and Children and Young People.
Clowne Community Care Farm is a Not For Profit company limited by guarantee no 07321954.